The holiday season is approaching! This time of year can be exciting for many, but can also be a source of stress. Families in need of support during the holiday season can sign up for the Christmas Registry organized by Feed Nova Scotia. There are many ways to register for the Christmas Registry, please find them listed below. Please also note the Christmas Registry only has enough resources to fulfill one request for gift support per child and one food request per household.
1. You can register for the Christmas Registry through a local food bank. To find a local bank click here
2. You can also register through HRM Salvation Army. Salvation Army registration begins on Monday, October 25, and you can register online or by phone 902-422-1598 by December 6th.
3. You can register directly through Feed Nova Scotia
4. You can register by calling the Christmas Registry at 902-457-2849 starting October 7.
5. If you were a recipient of Income Assistance in the month of September, you will receive a Christmas registration form and information sheet in the mail. The form can be mailed in, but you are welcome to register through any of the other ways instead.
6, Seaforth Country Store will again be offering trees and support to families in need on the Eastern Shore this year. As in years past, our initial focus is to make sure every family (financial unable otherwise) has an opportunity to have a Christmas tree.
For more information about the Christmas Registry, please visit the Feed Nova Scotia website here